|What||2019 Husqvarna Motocross Range|
|When||Tuesday 29 May 2018|
|Community||South Africa National|
Five new race machines reach new motocross milestones
Husqvarna Motorcycles recently made history when Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team riders Jason Anderson and Zach Osborne respectively secured both the 2018 FIM 450SX World Championship and 250SX AMA US East Region Championship and now the company is pleased to lift the covers off its complete line-up of 2019 motocross models.
Representing a new generation of five premium machines redesigned to offer both professional and amateur motocross riders the highest level of technology available on the market today, Husqvarna Motorcycles collected feedback from world-class racers and combined that with extensive in-house testing and development, before Husqvarna engineers introduced a long list of upgrades to see this new generation of FC and TC machines setting new benchmarks in handling, performance, weight and aesthetics.
Combining state-of-the-art technology and premium-quality components with innovative technological and functional improvements, the all-new for 2019 Husqvarna motocross machines are designed to see riders of all levels chart new territory in their motocross riding careers.
In one sentence; Husqvarna Motorcycles’ 2019 models are the most refined, honest and purest motocross bikes ever produced.
One Big Step Ahead
For model year 2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles proudly introduces a five-model new generation of 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines representing the next step in the historic brand’s motocross range. From the nimble TC 125 to the potent FC 450 4-stroker, each model in the updated range sets new standards in its respective class.
Standing out among a long list of upgrades is a new frame finished off in a premium blue powder coating. For MY19,Husqvarna’s motocross frame features an increase in longitudinal rigidity that results in improved rider feedback. New chassis settings further perfectly match the new frame characteristics, WP AER forks and a DCC shock to even further improve energy absorption and straight-line stability.
All five models benefit a series of carefully considered improvements in the engine department – the flagship FC 450 has a redesigned and more compact SOHC cylinder head that reduces the engine’s total weight by a whopping 500g. Exhaust systems on all 2-stroke and 4-stroke models also bring enhanced performance while also keeping weight to a minimum.
All five 2019 Husqvarna motocrossers also get ProTaper handlebars and new spoke nipples on their D.I.D wheels, while FC 4-stroke machines now feature compact new Lithium-ion 2.0 Ah batteries with improved output consistency.
Last but not least, Husqvarna Motorcycles showcases its pioneering offroad bike design direction through fresh new bodywork that offers tailored ergonomics for optimum comfort and control.
Husqvarna’s 2019 motocross range will be available through Husqvarna Motorcycles South Africa’s dealer network from Mid-July 2018.
What’s New for 2019
- Redesigned bodywork
- Redesigned 500 gram lighter SOHC cylinder head on the FC 450
- Blue coated frame featuring increased longitudinal rigidity
- New 250 gram lighter 2-piece subframe design
- Updated setting on the WP AER 48 forks
- WP DCC shock featuring new piston & updated setting
- New mufflers on 2-strokes, redesigned header pipe on TC 250
- Chain adjustment length increased by 5 mm
- Triple clamp protector integrated into front number plate
- Traction & launch control with updated settings [4-strokes]
- New throttle cable routing for easier maintenance
- Flow-designed resonance chambers & more compact silencers on 4-strokes
- New generation Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery
- Updated cooling system with new centre tube
- External fuel line moved inward for extra protection
- ProTaper handlebar with new bend
- D.I.D. wheels with new spoke nipples
Issued on behalf of Husqvarna Motorcycles
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on thumbnails to Download images