|What||World Rallycross Cape Town Facts|
|Where||Killarney International Raceway, Cape Town|
|When||9-10 November 2019|
All about Cape Town's epic attraction
SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa happens at Killarney in Cape Town 9-10 November - here's everything you need to know about that incredible weekend of racing:
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa is the final round of the FIA World Rallycross Championship.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa will race at the Killarney International Raceway in Cape Town over the weekend of 9-10 November 2019.
- World Rallycross of South Africa has been confirmed as the season finale at FIA World Rallycross Championship at Killarney for the next three years.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa will see Peugeot drivers, Hansen brothers, Timmy and Kevin and Audi driver Andres Bakkerud fight it out for the 2019 World Rallycross title among a full field of RX Supercars.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa comprises dramatic series of short, sharp quick-fire head-to-head races on the mixed surface dirt and asphalt Killarney amphitheatre RX track.
- 447kW 900Nm 1300kg turbocharged 2-litre all-wheel drive World Rallycross Supercars accelerate to 100km/h in 1.9 seconds – faster than a Formula 1 racer.
- The World Rallycross Supercars will be backed by a curtain raiser program including races for 230kW 300Nm 1,210kg naturally aspirated 2.4-litre rear engined all-wheel drive international RX2 machines capable of 100km/h in 3.5 seconds.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa fans will also be treated to a full support program comprising local racing categories, aerobatic displays, expos, fan zones, food, drinks, apparel for sale and family fun in a fine Cape Town and South African experience.
- WRX Cape Town 2017 was the first FIA-sanctioned world championship event in South Africa since the 1993 F1 Grand Prix.
- The well attended WRX Cape Town 2017 proved a great success as it attracted significant driver praise and media coverage, while also proving a splendid spectator experience for an enthusiastic crowd.
- Title sponsor SABAT is a household name with a marvellous South African racing history since the late 1970s as home to many driving legends racing cars in the brand’s iconic white and red colours. South Africa’s battery of choice.
- There is a SABAT Battery for every vehicle from cars, bakkies and trucks to motorcycles and quad bikes, boats, jet skis and much more.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa is a partnership between WRX promotors, international sports and eventing company IMG, the City of Cape Town, WorldSport and the Killarney International Raceway.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa brings a significant boost to the local economy through broadcast rights, hotel stays, services and foreign holidaymakers following the series, among much more.
- SABAT World Rallycross of South Africa will be broadcast to 160 countries around the world, both live and through highlights packages.
- Millions of television viewers around the world will witness the fastest growing branch of motorsport racing at the foot of Table Mountain – one of the World’s New Seven Wonders of Nature.
- FIA World Rallycross Championship teams and drivers entertain millions of international social media followers.
- Cape Town's popular Killarney International Raceway comprises the RX track and the 3.2km main circuit, a short circuit, karting and oval tracks and a drag strip, all of which enjoy regular action throughout the race season.
- The twisty gravel and asphalt Killarney RX track comprises aspects of the main circuit and a jump to guarantee incredible non-stop racing once each set of races commences.
- Killarney celebrated 70 years of racing by staging the first ever World Rallycross Championship in 2017.
- Killarney first hosted motor racing in 1947 — remnants of the original track remain visible around the Clubhouse.
- Killarney first hosted an international racing on its current format at the non-championship 1960 Cape Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Find out more about World Rallycross Cape Town at www.fiaworldrallycross.com
- Keep up to date at www.facebook.com/Capetownrx, #capetownrx on Instagram and @CapetownRX on Twitter.
- Catch up with this and past seasons’ action at www.youtube.com/RallycrossRXTV.
- Tickets are available at www.quicket.co.za
- World Rallycross Cape Town Travel Packages are available at https://travel.worldsport.co.za/wrx-cape-town
Issued on behalf of SABAT World Rallycross SA
For further information please contact email@example.com
Click on thumbnails to Download images